is my word right now. With many irons in the fire, this is becoming increasingly useful and necessary.
I want an efficient life. Not a hurried life, or “busy” life, or that I want to pack as much as activity as possible into a set number of hours; but a life WELL EXECUTED. With meaning, purpose, love, intention, HAPPINESS, BLISS and FUN.
Here are 5 ways to create more efficiencies in life, which can make you be more FUN to be around :)
1. EAT REAL FOOD.
Do I even need to say this? This is the starting point for EVERYTHING. If we don’t nourish our bodies with the right fuel...they will. not. work. very. well. They will get sick, break down, get injured. How, when and what we eat determines how we FEEL in every part of our lives. How we look. How well we move. How well we communicate. How well we work. How much rest we get. How we parent.
Food changes everything. Actually, the RIGHT food - whole, real, unprocessed food - changes everything. It is crucial to understand your unique body and find the fuel sources that create the most energy and least amount of drag on your systems. Eating a proper whole foods, clean diet will give you more energy, allowing you to create efficiencies in your life and have more FUN!
2. MOVE YOUR BODY - LIKE YOU MEAN IT
Don’t be afraid to sweat!!! Sweating is GOOD FOR YOU, and very cleansing! Showering is also good :)
In combination with eating real food, exercise is the most efficient way to a more energetic life. When you have more energy, you are happier, think more clearly, have more confidence, are less “flat”, and are more likely to take the necessary steps in moving towards what you DESIRE. You will waste less time on time-sucking time-wasters and be motivated to take ACTION.
3. STOP, CLEAR + BREATHE
Think about it. If you could push a delete button on all of the useless, unnecessary stuff that you worry/obsess about, imagine what kind of space could be cleared to focus on creating a life you LOVE.
Within that clear space, you could make the plans, get the projects done and eliminate most of the stuff you were worried about in the first place!
clear mind + healthy body = efficient life
A mind that is not wasting energy on believing things that are not true is infinitely powerful, wise, creative, decisive and EFFICIENT.
- Stop gossiping/colluding - this is a complete energy-drain-time-sucker and actually has more to do with how you feel about yourself than the person you are talking about. OUCH. Just stop. Be supportive. Be loving.
- Turn off the TV - come on, do something constructive that moves you toward...something
- Meditate or some sort of mindful practice - don’t knock it until you try it. Some of the most brilliant, efficient minds in the world - throughout history - practiced meditation.
- Read a book
- Write a book! Journaling
- Take a bath
- Take a walk
- Plan your meals for the week
- Schedule your week - as Marie Forleo says, “If it’s not scheduled, it doesn’t exist.” Or something close to that.
- Start your day 30 minutes earlier and go to sleep 30 minutes earlier - morning is better. I promise. (I work on this one myself :)
4. CHOOSE JOY
It just feels good to say that. Every day. All day. In every situation. You have a choice.
5. JUST GO. Get out of your own way.
Look inside yourself. Remove the blocks. (I can help here) Do the work. There’s nothing to lose and everything to gain. Learn how to say NO to the things that don’t serve you and drain your energy, and YES to the things that your intuition knows to be true.
Stay in the flow.
Back away from relationships that drain instead of support. Commit to yourself. Write down what you want...and then GO GET IT.
Write down HOW YOU WANT TO FEEL.
Do the work. Do the work. DO. THE. WORK.
Repeat Steps 1 - 4
love + energy,