We are always interested in investments that pay. You put your hard earned money or time or energy into a thing, and that thing pays you back more than your initial investment…score!
Whether it’s putting money into stocks or real estate, banking hours at the gym, feeding our bodies with nutritious food, or devoting energy to our business, we expect (or at least would love) for those investments to give us a return. For more money, a better body, more energy or a growing business, we provide resources in order to move that particular area forward into positive territory.
But those investments can be risky and sometimes don’t turn out so well. Some things are out of our control.
The stock market crashes. Banks implode. People borrow more money than they should. The real estate market tanks. We get injured and stop going to the gym (or the myriad of other “reasons” we stop going to the gym.) We slip on our diet. Our manager suddenly quits or we get laid off.
Most areas can have interruptions or be affected by outside sources at a rapid pace that is not always within our control.
So, in order to maintain consistency (and sanity) in our lives, where can we make a solid investment that ALWAYS pays us back?
The ONE greatest asset you will ever have.
Making a commitment to your own personal growth will always pay you a return. You will never be disappointed.
Stepping into transformation always works. Always.
If you commit to yourself and do the work.
I know this as certainly as I am sitting here writing this, because I have lived it. And still continue to invest in myself and my growth as a person, writer, coach and entrepreneur.
It’s been worth every single penny (and it’s been LOTS AND LOTS of pennies.)
The experiences — travel, retreats, workshops, programs, private sessions — and teachers and coaches I have had the privilege to work with have changed my life. Every part of my life. And my relationship TO life.
I’ve learned to invest my money, my time, and my energy into places, people and things that allow me to see myself and the world in ways I would have never seen before. I’m always being stretched and challenged to expand into the life that I want to create.
I won't settle for only what I can see, because there's so much out there I can't see...yet.
So, here is some free coaching advice — if you were to ask:
- See your life as something you are creating, not as a series of random events that just happen to you. Random things will happen, as most things are out of our control…the choice comes in how you react or respond to those events. You are always creating something. Why not create something amazing instead of average?
- How you spend your moments in between the events of life can either build on beauty or devolve into destruction.
- If you've done the work, you will seize opportunities instead of sliding into a victim state.
- Stop wasting time or energy in areas that don’t feed your soul. After becoming clear on how YOU want to feel in every part of your life, refuse to squander your days. You don’t get them back.
- How you spend you time matters. What you watch matters. What you read matters. Do not let yourself be programmed by a culture that wants to keep you numb and following the mob mentality. There are amazing, creative, brilliant people and ideas out there…find them. Be one of them.
THE number one feeling that comes up in every workshop and in every conversation I have with women that I work with is that we want to feel
We want to get back to the sense of freedom we had as girls. Before the world told us how we should look, what we should say, how we should act, who we should associate with and what we should do.
We want that sense of our wild pure nature to return. We want to let our Inner Wild Goddess out to play.
We were told to be afraid of her. To not be too powerful. Too loud. Too smart. Too opinionated. Too much of …. anything really.
But you know what?
She is like the best kept, top-secret, most elite, high-end, most well-rounded, most creative, most lucrative, most powerful, most bad-ass, most valuable asset portfolio out there.
She is ready to take action. She knows exactly what needs to happen to move you towards the life you crave. She’s strong and kind and confident and loving and innovative and productive and feminine and sexy and capable.
And she plays very well with others like her. So when she finds friends, she’ll do everything she can to help her sisters rise. This…is the power of community.
Invest in her.
She’s your secret weapon.